Baby Steps

Well we all have to learn to walk before we can run. That's the way I felt today as I started working on the panel. This Laurel Burch pattern is beautiful. It's a shame that in making it the manufacturer couldn't make it level all the way around. Take a close look were the first blue border meets the panel. Do you notice that in someplaces there a little bit of black and in other spots there is not? Well, I guess I will have to get used to this imperfection. I'm sure it will be the first of many. I just wish it were my mistake and not theirs.

The panel now measures 30 1/2 inches square. A nice number divisible by 3 and a good place to start. I've completed one round robin (Truly Yours by Carol Doak) and wanted to add a flying geese border, but never got around to it. So it has been my intent for some time to make sure that I do that in this panel. That being said, I need to make sure I use the flying geese (paper Pieced pattern) in an early round before my quilt gets to big. Ask me how I know. I have a good friend that used this pattern as a final round and spent weeks making them , and even more time tearing out all the paper pieces. Must have been over 4000 pieces. I can't hear you Sheryl - How many pieces? Anyway, I am going to start on the flying geese this round. Already I know that I will have 567 pieces. Am I crazy? Perhaps. But isn't 567 better than 4000? Maybe I will have this round done by Christmas. lol


Patti

Baseballmama

2 comments:

Quiltingnewbie said...

Patti !!

I am so worried about you....that many pieces ??? I love what you did with the border so far !!!

I was feeling guilty about not having started on this yet....but when I see you have had it for a year I didnt feel so bad...

On the bright side though, I finished my block for the One Block CQ swap...so thats a start !!!

shey.. said...

patti.. that looks wonderful!!... and i'm so glad one of us has started on this venture.. lol.. i'm hoping i can get to starting mine this weekend.. flying geese huh???.. lmao.. actually mine had over 1100 pieces on that round.. so you'll be doing about half.. i haven't decided what i want to do on this thing yet.. need to get it square and give it some more thought..

shey..

Post a Comment