And another small step for....

So

Yesterday I went on a little road trip to a LQS that I have only been to once before...its not far away just not a place I think to go....but I had been on their website and they showed a jelly roll of the Laurel Burch Bountiful Blessings fabrics...so....me being me, I had to go and check it out...I wasnt having much luck anywhere else so I figured what the heck !!

Well, I get there and I dont see it anywhere....all sorts of other beautiful fabrics but not what I am looking for...so I had to ask this somewhat unfriendly lady if she had any...I think she thought I was crazy to be asking for Christmas fabric in July, but hey, if you're going to make a Christmas quilt, when else would you buy the fabric ?!!! She did go and look and lo and behold, she had ONE left...guess who has it now !!! So I changed my thought about her, paid her for it and left on my Merry little way !! Now to figure out what to do with it !!

12 comments:

baseballmama said...

Hey Ladies- Would you all do me a favor when you are posting. Could you sign your name at the end of the post. I am playing a guessing game with who wrote the post. Thanks alot.

Patti

Quiltingnewbie said...

Sorry Patti

It would be me that wrote the little diddy about the jelly roll....

Quiltingnewbie2

baseballmama said...

Well Elaine,

Just don't let it happen again!!! lol

Patti
Baseballmama

Quiltingnewbie said...

I am very very very very sorry Mama...I promise it wont ahppen again..ok..it might so please forgive me now ~

Elaine

shey.. said...

picked up a couple more fabbies yesterday.. hoping to start this soon.. i still need to finish up my cq one-block.. block before i can even consider working on this one.. :| ugh.. guess i better get a move on..

shey..

NickiLee said...

So Elaine - what fab place did you find the fabric at?

I'm fianlly home from my whirl wind of a trip - OMG! I felt like I was never going to get back home. I stopped and visited with LafyJ66 for 2 days, spent a couple days with Daisy the Choclate Mouse - we drove down to NC and stayed with Quiltaholic for a couple days - what fun and WOW! The country side is beautiful!

Never did hit any quilt stores so I'm still on the lookout for some matching fabrics - I think I am going in an entirelydifferent direction that I had originally planned... we'll see.

Quiltingnewbie said...

Nicki

I was up in Concord over the weekend and went to Quilters Way....there are 40 2 1/2" strips in the jelly roll...maybe if you want we can learn to share them...at this point I have no direction so it doesnt matter...

Elaine

baseballmama said...

Hey Elaine,

I hear you're waiting for a fireman to deliver your Dare To Be Ugly Challenge Fabric. Hope he's great looking, cause the fabric is UGLY!!!! Got some of Nicki's favorite color in it too!!!!

Quiltingnewbie said...

Hey Patty ..

If the fireman is not very good looking, Im sure by the time I see the Ugly fabric, he will be adorable...but then again...cant be too choosy !!! Do you mean Nicki's really favorite or the really pretty orange color ?

baseballmama said...

I'm not telling. What do you think Elaine?

Quiltingnewbie said...

Im seeing Nicki this afternoon and will get the beautiful ugly she brought me from Q !!! I hope it has ORANGE in it...that will help to stretch my brain too !!

Elaine

NickiLee said...

Oh Ugh! ugh! I told you the fabric was ugly! I swear Quiltaholic picked it out purposely because it had that sick orange in it!

Now, about that fireman Elaine.... I'd offer you a cowboy but he's all mine!!!!!!! LOL!

Post a Comment